Ran into this one today. After some Googling, found a lot of overly complicated “fixes” that seemed more like band-aids. Luckily, updating Office resolved the issue! ANother alternative was to start Outlook in Safe Mode via Outlook.exe /safe and removing or updating a Salesforce add-in.
Recently encountered this one with Acronis Backup and Recovery 11.7. Backups were failing and throwing warnings saying
Failed to load addon: ArsAgentProvider.dll
Message: Cannot load the dynamic library
Event code: 0x00C10001+0x00000001+0x0000FFF0+0x8007007E
After a good bit of troubleshooting and searching, I found this article that says it applies to 11.5, but works for 11.7. Download the DLL file and throw it into your Acronis directory. The file was COMPLETELY gone from my directory, even after running a repair install.
The next backup I kicked off went through 100% successfully.
I ran into this issue at a client where we were forced to use an iSCSI connection for their backup. After upgrading to ESXI v6, the connection started showing as Normal / Degraded.
After doing a number of troubleshooting items, I found an obscure forum post where it was claimed that ESXI will flag it as degraded if there is only one connection (ie. the connection is not redundent).
I ended up un-bonding my NAS’s two NICs, added the “new” second NIC as a target for ESXI, rescanned the storage devices on ESXI, and voila… my degradation was resolved!
2. From the DNS Server, right-click the server and select Properties
3. The Properties pop-window will appear on your screen.
4. Select the Debug Logging tab and the Log packets debugging check box, respectively.
5. Ensure that the Incoming, UDP, Queries/Transfers, and Request check boxes are selected.
6. Click the OK button.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2003 R2
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
I had a user complain of some weird issues in RDP, the biggest one being that they couldn’t right-click in the taskbar. I found a few other reports of such issues and found the solution was to turn off hardware acceleration in the Options menu. Once I did that and restart Firefox, everything was working!
Ran into this one today… and it is nothing you want to see happen on an Exchange server! I was re-assigning services to a new SSL certificate when I started getting this error. After doing some searching, I found the easy fix from Microsoft. Under Server Config > Client Access, you can click Reset Virtual Directories on the far right. From there, you can choose which directories to rebuild (OWA, Autodiscover, etc.) Doing that fixed my issue for OWA!
More info can be found in Microsoft’s Technet Article: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff629372(v=exchg.141).aspx
I am currently building a Remote Desktop Server paired with a Remote Desktop Gateway and I ran into this error:
“Your computer can’t connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable.”
After troubleshooting a bit, I found that the error occurs if you have multiple sites binded in IIS to your Port 443. Make sure you have ONE site binded to 443 and you’ll be good to go!
I recently enabled Azure Active Directory (AD) Connect and wanted to turn this feature on. After doing some reading, I found a simple way to enable the AD Recycle Bin.
- In the management console, go to Tools > Active Directory Administrative Center
- Select Local Domain and in the Tasks Pane
- Select Enable Recycle Bin.
- Click OK
NOTE: Be aware this feature cannot be disabled.
- Click OK. Once enabled, wait for AD replication to complete as this is a change made on the configuration partition. This process may take a while should your organization have a large active directory infrastructure.
A very simple enablement of a process that could save you hours of restore time. Again, this process cannot be reversed once invoked.
On a new client’s server, I ran into an issue where a drive was running low on space and I found that another user account on the server (which had been deleted) had files in the Recycle Bin!
Thankfully, I found this Powershell command which worked to delete the files. All you have to do is open a Powershell console as admin and run the following command:
Get-ChildItem “C:`$Recycle.bin\” -Force | Remove-Item -Recurse -force
You can append -Whatif to do a test run and see what files will be deleted before actually deleting them.
I have an old XenServer still alive at a client and I needed to get its service tag. Using this command via the XenServer console, you can get it!
dmidecode -s system-serial-number
Hit enter and you’ll have it!