I ran into an issue today that I was banging my head against until I found an obscure Vmware article.
Basically, when I tried to access my VDP appliance through the browser via port 8545, Chrome and IE would both say the connection was dropped or not accessible. “Failed to load” or “is not available” were the other errors.
This is the article I found:
When Chrome/Firefox changed some settings regarding SSL certificates, it basically broke being able to access VDP devices that hadn’t been updated in a while. The above article has a Hotfix that you can install to fix the issue. It did for me!
Quick and easy tip today. A user left the company and to free up the license used on Office365 but keep the user’s mailbox, you can easily convert the mailbox to a shared mailbox, which you don’t get charged for on Office365.
Basically, go into Exchange Admin Center > Recipients > Choose the Mailbox you want to convert and on the right side, click “Convert to Shared Mailbox”
While trying to install Java today, I encountered an error that wouldn’t go away: Error 1603. Scouring Technet forums, blogs, etc. no one had a real sense of what the cause was. Some said it was an old Windows Update. Some said it was a bad Java installer package.
Eventually I found my solution: I was connecting through LogMeIn to the device. I ended the LogMeIn task and process, RDPed in, installed Java… and voila! It worked. Re-enabled LogMeIn and I was on my way.
Simple one here – a VIP relies on a Gmail account when the company is on Office365. To allow the VIP to send to a distribution list, I had to do the following:
1) Open Exchange Admin Center
2) Click on Recipients and then Groups
3) Select the distribution group
4) Click the edit button
5) Click Delivery Management and select “Senders inside and outside of my organization”
6) Then just click Save!
You can also use this area to block or allow certain senders to distribution lists by adding emails to the box below.
One of my servers has been getting numerous events logged saying “The Windows Filtering Platform has blocked a packet” with internal IP addresses usually listed.
I found that running these two commands quieted the logging:
auditpol /set /subcategory:”Filtering Platform Packet Drop” /success:disable /failure:disable
auditpol /set /subcategory:”Filtering Platform Connection” /success:disable /failure:disable
If you need any other commands, you can check out the full Microsoft article here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb736284(v=vs.85).aspx