In the course of upgrading a client’s Vmware Data Protection appliance today, I ran into an issue of it continuing to say “Create a snapshot first!”
Eventually I found that I had to re-test and re-enter the vcenter credentials into the appliance! After that, the upgrade could commence.
I ran into an issue today that I was banging my head against until I found an obscure Vmware article.
Basically, when I tried to access my VDP appliance through the browser via port 8545, Chrome and IE would both say the connection was dropped or not accessible. “Failed to load” or “is not available” were the other errors.
This is the article I found:
When Chrome/Firefox changed some settings regarding SSL certificates, it basically broke being able to access VDP devices that hadn’t been updated in a while. The above article has a Hotfix that you can install to fix the issue. It did for me!