Trouble With Running Microsoft eDiscovery Export Tool

I ran into this one yesterday. I was attempting to export a PST file with the findings of a compliance search within Office365. I couldn’t run it on my computer, nor the server where I was offloading the PST to. The error I got was simply “Make sure the export content hasn’t expired”.

Helpful. It obviously hadn’t expired.

Eventually I did the following: First, I started using Internet Explorer to do the export. Next, I found this Microsoft help doc that stated to add the following websites to the trusted or intranet zone in IE.

*.outlook.com, *.office365.com, *.sharepoint.com and *.onmicrosoft.com are added to the Local intranet zone trusted sites.

Voila! That did the job and my PST downloaded nicely.

One thought on “Trouble With Running Microsoft eDiscovery Export Tool”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.